Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wrapping up the Weekend


Sunday July 15, 2012
This morning we woke up to a fresh layer of snow on the mountain and clear skies.  We got an early start to make the most of our last day in Thredbo.  Rachel, Rick, Nicole, and I were on the chair lift by 8:30.  The conditions today were great.  The views were gorgeous, and a rainbow was visible as we skied down the slopes.  By the end of the morning I was on the intermediate slopes thanks to the expert guidance of Rick, who was like a private instructor for the weekend.  Considering I haven’t been skiing since I was seven, it was a proud accomplishment for Rick and I.  We all did run after run until we were sore and hungry.  At Merritt’s cafe we grabbed a bite then headed to the lodge to pack up the cars.
Rainbow behind Merritt's Cafe
Although it was a long trek home, time passed quickly as Rachel and I took in the rural Australian landscape, took turns as dj, and chatted away about everything under the sun.  She starts “uni” tomorrow, and I will head to Canberra for two nights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment