Friday, August 10, 2012


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I trekked to school alone today because Sr. Loretta was getting her big toe checked out at Kilu’ufi.  I attended Technology class with Form 1 in the morning.  They were learning how to work with sheet metal.  Then, I gave out a few more snacks as prizes in my class.  The treats were well received.  I went home in the afternoon since my classes were finished, and dozed in the hammock next to the recovering Sr. Loretta.  When Cayla got home, we got creative for lunch since food supplies were running low.  

We got a lift to the Telecom and market by a priest who made a stop in Fanualama. It was a successful trip, and we stocked up on more peanut butter, chili sauce, and cucumbers.  We got all the ladies exercising again this afternoon - no heart attacks yet!  

Sandpaper cabbage was part of the dinner menu.  The sisters think its hilarious that Cayla and I enjoy this dish.  Apparently it’s a last resort type of meal, but we love it.  The four of us played cards after dinner, and Sr. Matilda quietly killed us all in “Phase 10.”  Today was a nice recovery from yesterday’s whirlwind!

No comments:

Post a Comment